Narayan and I LOVE pizza and we can’t live without it! The first time we made pizza together was on my birthday last year, and he spent hours preparing the dough. This year we’re like “whatever”, so we started buying ready-made pizza crusts from grocery store Jenny Lou’s.
The key to success is to find good vegan cheese. If you live in the US, Whole Foods is where to look. Once you get that sorted, it’s super easy to make a vegan pizza that tastes delicious and won’t make you fat (if you don’t eat too much).
- 3 mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- Some arugula, chopped (optional)
- Italian herbs
- 1 Tbp. olive oil
- A lot of vegan cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ready-made pizza crust if you’re too lazy like us
- Fry the chopped onion until golden and add in the tomatoes to make the sauce.
- Season the sauce with sea salt and pepper.
- Put the tomato sauce on the pizza crust, add vegan cheese and mushrooms, and bake at 425 degree F (or 218 degree C) for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Italian herbs and olive oil on top.
Makes 1 serving