It just happened that today was the 70th anniversary of the Chinese victory in the war against Japan, so everyone in Beijing (and the rest of China) was cheering and watching the military parade on TV. I’m not here to talk about politics or nationalism, but since my boyfriend and I were trapped at home and feeling hungry, we tried something new for the first time – adding pumpkin to our pasta. We’re both lazy so trust me, this is super easy and quick to make.
Let us celebrate life by eating a plant-based meal full of positive energy and love. Enjoy! 🙂
- 250g organic whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 small pumpkin, diced
- Some arugula
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. Daiya vegan mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp. Follow Your Heart roasted garlic Vegenaise
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Some mixed Italian herbs
- Cut the arugula and cherry tomatoes for the salad. Set aside.
- Boil the pasta and pumpkin for 12 minutes. When the pasta’s ready, drain it, smash the pumpkin, and mix with the pasta.
- Mix all the condiments into the pasta and serve.
Makes 2 servings